2nd head sculpt

I don’t think my first looked sinister enough, hopefully this is an improvement.

8 Likes

In my opinion, the ears are too big (thick) …?

2 Likes

Yeah you’re probably right, Grant’s had pretty chunky ears too, I made them much thinner on my first sculpt, but in the 2nd I tried to go for about the same size Grant did. Ears are quite difficult though.

2 Likes

And don’t forget, You are the designer. If you thinks your character needs this, then use it!
For me, personally, it is just an observation. Be free in this matter.
The goal is not to make an exact copy of Grant, but to learn the skills to make this happen.
And you did a great effort in this. Maybe looking of the web for reference material on how to make it more evil …
Search for cartoon, eyes, etc.

Have fun!

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice, I did look at some reference this time, like the shape of the nose and the brow was me trying to match what I saw in a reference image, It can be quite difficult to recreate the shapes that I see, at least at the moment, I’m sure I will improve at that in time though.

3 Likes

Great job!

1 Like

Ears, I’m struggling to get mine right. I don’t know if - it’s me or a bug, but my brushes don’t seem to work properly, I feel fed up with sculpting. You are doing really well xxx

What do you mean by your brushes don’t seem to work properly? if you could provide a bit more information, I or someone on the forum could probably help you.

1 Like

Thanks for your offer of help. When I try to use any of the draw brushes- in sculpt mode - with dyntopo on/ or not, they seem to just cut in and take away detail. This is the result -

There is this plus and minus here, have you got the minus selected instead of the plus?

2 Likes

No that’s not it, it’s not doing it anymore, since I turned off dyntopo, lol. xxx

1 Like

It also depends on what kind of brush image you are using.
Resolution and or black&white or greyscale …
Also, brush pressure (±) and brush envelope (f-key) and type.
Many things can influence the outcome.

Privacy & Terms