2023 Collab: Week 45 “Spaceships” - VOTE CLOSED

Hello, we are not very strict in the interpretation of the subject.
If you think there is a connection, please submit your work.

The Collab challenge is just to sharpen your Blender skills.

Have fun!

6 Likes

14 Likes

Interesting, reminds me of Rama.

3 Likes

The reference that I used is the 1984 movie Dune. After reading your post, I Google Rama and found a very similar image on an Arthur C Clarke book.

2 Likes

I really like this one. Nice composition and very believable scene. Only thing I’d like to say is that maybe the character in the background could have a bit more of a relaxed pose, leaning back on her left arm or something.

4 Likes

WIP, still busy with materials and maybe adding a planet in the background.

13 Likes

Looking good!

3 Likes

Adapted from an old project.

10 Likes

12 Likes

Almost finished… unfortunately postprocessing and background left to be done.

this one is better (23:57 CET) so not for competition

10 Likes

thanks for the feedback unfortunately I didn’t see it till after the deadline but ill take ur advice and fix the pose anyways

3 Likes

I actually prefer the first one. The spaceman and planet are nice additions but distract from the spaceship. And I liked the contrast of the blue light on the bottom of the car and how clear the lighting was overall. Either way, really cool car ship that looks like it belongs in a game!

3 Likes

It’s not over until it’s over. Maybe you can still post :wink:

1 Like

TRUE!

While the clock is ticking to midnight. I (FedPete) close the Collab, on the moment I create the vote. And that depends on what time on Sunday I sit down you do this task.

2 Likes

An other note: Unless noted clearly, I pick the last image if you have uploaded more versions.

1 Like

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.

The new subject week 46 “Butterflies” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Spaceships” challenge may select a subject for next week 47 and win a badge.

3 Likes

Good to know, I saw the 6 pm deadline and assumed it would be unfair to post since it was already past but wil keep that in mind

2 Likes

@Roelof_van_der_Sar congratulations on your creative space vehicle. Nice composition, and a little story.

• Jindrich_Jungmann - beautiful textured spaceship scene. Take care of little details, like bevels (sharp corners), and imperfections.
  • Joey_Cuevas - I like the scene and story. Play more with light. Space is a dark environment, with harsh shadows. Adding more details to an object will make it look bigger.
  • ShadowFireSage - Nothing wrong with this one. Very nice implementation of the subject. Nice cinematic composition. I would have added more margins around it.
  • DANB1 - Very recognizable and nice glow. But maybe too strong. Add more details to the spaceship to give it scale.
  • Myn - The lighting is good, but the planet could use more variation light to dark ratio. Where is the sun(s) placed? Light direction.

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone. I try to write down positive ideas and visions in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

7 Likes

Congrats, @Roelof_van_der_Sar - cool space car :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms