2023 Collab: Week 19 “1950s” - VOTE CLOSED

I’m working on this piece of furniture, RCA TV set 1951.
Goal is to have a late evening (low light) room environment, with a glowing, emitting TV-Screen.

vintv-2101885983

11 Likes

This time Id step out of low-poly comfort zone :wink:
I feel there is something oddly off here, but for now I cant pin what is it…

As always - Eevee render

10 Likes

Lovely implementation. I had the same idea, but then I thought someone will have the same idea. I think the vignette is too strong …

1 Like

Inspired by those creepy ads involving children and dangerous substances

7 Likes

Never knew such advertisements existed. “Yes, you need never feel over-smoked”

1950s Vase.
I can spend days on this one. It is an intriguing object.

9 Likes

More 1950s assets …

6 Likes

You are really going all out on this one huh. Can’t wait to see the complete scene.

2 Likes

So much to tweak, but it’s my hardware limit and my time.
Cycles 1400 samples (about 35min render time), because low lighting and the denoiser had problems with dark areas.
I wanted to add a carpet on the floor (the 1950s) (maybe I still try it). And I need more details and objects at some locations, to make it more interesting.

Have fun!

The scene is about the first color RCA TV-Set, released in 1952.

10 Likes

Hello! Everryone is well? I hope so :wink:
I had to be away for a while, but I’m resuming my studies now.
I was seeing again these very cool community scenes on gamedev, I’m posting them again on the collab, I hope it turned out nice too!
This is my scene, like a little representation of the 1950’s invention Bertie the Brain - using lamps a game of Tic-tac-toe (American English), noughts and crosses (Commonwealth English), Xs and Os (Canadian or Irish English), Jogo da Velha (Brazilian Portuguese).

Link about::
[Bertie the Brain - Wikipedia

6 Likes

Love these challenges. Would love to actually collaborate on a project with someone in future.

8 Likes

Never knew this!
Such an interesting topic.

1 Like

Good 1950s vibe, well done.

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.

And the new subject week 20 “Library” has already started. The winner of this week’s “1950s” challenge may select a subject for next week 21 and wins a badge.

1 Like

Well done all, I even set out to do this and just got nowhere near anything useable. Time, and my bad habit of getting too involved in a minutia of one tricky bit that would barely if at all be noticed by anyone. lol.

3 Likes

How do I vote? xxx

2 Likes

Just click on the circle above the picture, I do see that you figured that out though, if you need to choose someone else, hit “Show Vote” at the bottom and revote.

2 Likes

Nicely done this week, your scene really does scream 1950 with all the “older day” accessories with the small tv and the design with the tiles and curtains, nothing in your scene looks modern which is good. I like the subtle details in this scene a lot, the tv and the paintings add to the realism a lot.

@Medial I recently did a school project on this exact same thing, the Sputnik 1 was conveniently the first satellite launched into space in like 1957, so amazing work with the realism, and picking a significant event to revolve your scene around. The lighting also works well here, really showcasing your satellite, Earth looks good too.

@visionary5 This scene kinda reminds me of the good burger movie for some reason, something about the barstools and booths just felt so iconic there. I love the rims on the chair to add some realism. Everything seems to have that old-school color, so that’s fitting nicely.

@kidgokubr I like all that you did with the scene, I noticed the Gamedev tv Blender Collaboration thing on the bottom and thought that was pretty neat, don’t know if I’ve seen that before, works well. As for the main part, looks like a tic-tac-toe slot machine in my eyes, but I’m probably wrong, I love the electric lighting all around, the the scene all together looks very neat and nicely crafted.

@Joey_Cuevas Pretty funny card, I feel as if that’s something I’m more likely to see nowadays more often with all the artificial stuff floating around, I like the drawing on the card, the facial expression is good.

@DANB1 I love the idea of a UFO :alien:, however I feel as if this is something that could qualify in any time period, I love the streaks in the sun, nice space design as well.

-I am going to stop putting “Amazing job” or “wonderful work” at the end of everything, seems kinda pointless given the context-

4 Likes

Thanks dude, hope you’re having a wonderful today!? lol xxx

2 Likes

An ordinary day for me… Nothing much just some school and some game dev

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms