2022 Collab: Week 6 “Viking(s)” - CLOSED

it’s all good, I like having the deadline to try and meet, helps with how projects might be in the real world. I started on my next project earlier this time haha

4 Likes

@Lintari Congratulations on your dramatic take on the daily life of Vikings. Odin watches over them. Or the port to Walhalla.

• ZachDude - great resemblance, but it misses something. And that’s because we all know the original character. It’s the same as sculpting a human. The human eye is trained to spot the differences, even if we can not express them. Beautiful piece of work, love the hair.
  • igorfy - I really like this scene.The way the scene is lit is nicely done. Nice rule of thirds. Maybe not so much Viking. The kid could have worn a plastics viking helmet, or more viking props.
  • Digits - Really nice outdoor scene. But besides the coats of arms, i miss more viking parts. The attention goes to the scene, less to subject viking.
  • Daniel05 - You’ve made great improvements. You tell a great story. The water could have more structure. I like to see your ideas in the next collabs.
  • Mateusz - It looks too romantic for me. Like the viking is posing for the camera on bed of flowers and roses. If he’s dead then I would expect a more posed posture. Or more a battle scene environment.
    Willrun - you went for a more stylistic visualization. But the colors are difficult to combine. The pink petals give me the impression of a Japanese pink blossom tree. Which does not reflect the surrounding of a viking. I think a more viking suited color pallet / schema could improve the end result.
  • zeRgenTa - I like this idea of the remains of a Viking. But it’s not so clear if it is about a Viking. You could have added more Viking references to the scene. Rune signes, schield … Your sand/dune version showed more texure details, less visible in the under water version.

Great entries, so much fun and Viking variations.

6 Likes

That was my idea… I had no time left =(

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! I will find out how to make water look like water for next time :slight_smile:

Man I’m sad I missed this week. These are amazing! Nice work everybody.

5 Likes

That’s a nice render

Privacy & Terms