2022 Collab: Week 5 “Futuristic transportation” - CLOSED

Whoosh, very nice.

1 Like

Finished with Ryan’s Earth tutorial, really a good one. Ready to be the backdrop to my ridiculous gaming astronaut chair :laughing:

And the nodes:

6 Likes

Looking good.
Nothing beats playing videogames whilst floating in space . I miss that…

1 Like

Mine was much simpler in node structure

4 Likes

We are the Borg, resistance is futile, prepare to be assimilated

Still a few things to do but almost done

11 Likes

Yess haha the borg!
Scale looks about right from what I remember in the movies.
When you’re done adding a glare node in the compositor might make the lights pop a little more :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sad I’m having a hard week at my work and won’t be able to put much effort on my model =/

2 Likes

No worries work, life and family are more important

4 Likes

I’ve had many weeks where I just have to observe when I’d like to participate. Priorities, am I right?

4 Likes

I’m sure that Lambo is the best vehicle for future Mars exploration, but my familiar scientists tells me I’m wrong.

WIP’s

8 Likes

Super cool!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I like all the little details, the tire tracks, dust, and Earth in the sky.
I only wish it were just a tiny bit brighter so I can see the car reflecting the sun :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got more “realistic mars” and “earthy” hdr variation :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
But in this case you can see problems with a dust shader

14 Likes

I see the dilemma!
I personally like the ‘earth’ one the best as it shows off your car more, as well as the detail on the ground.
But there’s something to be said for the original with the more atmospheric feel and the headlights.

3 Likes

I had an RC that was this exact model

1 Like

I think thats the right way, learn from the past and create the future. :wink:

4 Likes

Wait did you made this? :open_mouth:

1 Like

No, it is just a random picture of a BMW Isetta, because I was thinking about how to get into the vehicle from @igorfv.

4 Likes

I will never forget about a German comedy movie in which two guys repeatedly exit this kind of car :joy:
You are right - we should definitely learn from the past :grin: :grin: :grin:

The 50’s/60’s were definitely imagining today would be different than what it actually is. They used their ideas of what the future would be like to influence their designs at the time and it made for some pretty incredible products and machines, that’s for sure.

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms