2022 Collab: Week 5 “Futuristic transportation” - CLOSED

It leads to squishing! It’s not a hole really.

4 Likes

No where near the concept of Black Hole!

Collabs, must be used for imaginative growth as well. All such topics needs some read atleast!

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean. It’s a black hole… in space… It’s possible that the ship has the equipment to synchronise black holes with each other to be used for teleportation. Lots of things are possible in the future.

1 Like

I honestly think the black hole is pretty good.
Of course it does not match the math on what a black hole would look like but it’s close enough.

For comparison, this is the interstellar black hole:

2 Likes

Mmmm, a sort of jet powered flying armchair? With computing or gaming pad for in flight use!

1 Like

Yes that is exactly what it is :laughing:

1 Like

Trying to follow along Ryan’s tutorial:
Completely Procedural Earth (Blender Tutorial) - YouTube

Easily the most complicated shader I’ve done in Blender so far:

3 Likes

At the sight of such nodes I think, map on an image.

1 Like

Yup, well I plan to bake it when it’s done. It will speed up the scene anyways :slight_smile:

1 Like

May be this gives an idea of some more refinement

https://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-areas/black-holes

synchronizing blackhole is no idea. The concept of interstellar travel that has been promulgated by the the movie “Interstellar” is based on the concept of Wormholes, that is entirely different a concept than Blackholes.

and the possibility of harnessing this Fourth Dimensional entity. which has been brought to science by special solution of the Einstein field equations, is being seen as not feasible by the leading Physicists of the world.

On Blackholes “Journey” is a great imaginative movie.

1 Like

Vehicles Of The Future - Future Transportation System 2050

This I think is Warner Bros illustration from their movie Interstellar?

From my understanding, a wormhole is two quantum entangled black holes, or at least in theory. When something enters one of the entangled black holes the particles get scrambled. Those same particles will unscramble when they come out of the event horizon of the second black hole. Kind of like how encryption and decryption work now. They are not entirely different concepts. One is created by the other. Quantum entanglement is not yet fully understood or controlled. At the point that we do have that understanding, we should be able to create entangled black holes where we want and make them evaporate too, theoretically. It’s been a few years since I’ve looked into this though, so if there are new developments contrary to this, I apologise, I am unaware.

My black hole was not meant to be scientifically accurate. It’s an artistic representation. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First, thank you for taking criticism in the positive way.

Your understanding is not far away from the initial concepts of Wormhole that got defined post Einstein.

It is that with the General Relativity considered the “Tunnel” between the two Blackholes as 2 dimensional feature which works the way of Relativity Geometry.

Later research’s found Wormholes to happen by “Physics” possible, but it should be having 4 dimensions. This also got a bit of confirmation during the shoots of “interstellar” as the supposed view worked differently in Camera. The nevau theory is, if wormhole forms the cubic Gemometry; and in that 4 D cubeic Geometry becomes the wall; will fall in fraction of nano seconds. This is to say that it is no way way of transportation, neither present nor future.

Having said that, Artists have since eons been interested in designing and presenting celestial phenomena. What ever pics we see of Andromeda Galaxy or of any Constellation released by NASA are works by Artists, and you can find their credentials on NASA Portal also with their work. And to be accepted by NASA, it must be close to reality.

That also said, since you are working on your artistic presentation of Blackhole/wormhole, I am including this picture for your reference. This is the first render view of the Physics simulation, based on the computation of the then Physicist hired by Warner’s Bro, of the proposed Blackhole for their movie “Interstellar”.

If it be of any interest to you, I could try finding various orthographic views of the scene.

The Physicists then had said “Knowing something to exist, and seeing it exist makes a lot much clear.”

4 Likes

I am not sure why this didn’t get attached as reply. Not my fault for sure :grinning:

1 Like

I may have leaned a little more toward realism by adjusting my black hole.
Still needs a captain’s chair though.

12 Likes

Good Luck, and my best wishes!

This blackhole will eat saturn =(

3 Likes

Earth too … :no_mouth: , we need to have an escape vehicle …

Coming to rescue from the black hole with my wormhole transporter.

12 Likes

Privacy & Terms