2022 Collab: Week 47 "Light and shadow" - VOTE CLOSED

Brilliant - I love it :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I did it in cycles. I couldn’t get the light cone with eevee

2 Likes

Thank you so much, sir ! :smile:

Idk sir perhaps often giving a symbolic/meaning in my several artworks is kind of my habit Hahaha :laughing:

2 Likes

Hi Gordon,
thanks a lot :grin:
I tried to go with a big authentical scale for the Balrog, but I did not find any relieble things about them. Tolkien has described them kind of differently in different sources and so I decided to make him something between 3 and 4 m of hight. That seemed intimidating enough and still not too small; I mean hey, they incinerate and swing fiery weapons or black axes, I guess 3.5 m in hight should be sufficient :laughing:

I usually try to keep close to realistic dimensions with most meshes, it just makes it easier when combining with other elements and doesn’t feel off too much.
But I was seriously tempted to scale Val down a fair bit for the render with the wings, sparks and flames… it was a real pain to work on fire, smoke and sparks on that size.

5 Likes

Very cool. Having realistic dimensions is def the best. So it is actually 3.5m in your scene? Having an ordinary sized human or object in the scene could give the audience a better impression of how huge it actually is.

3 Likes

It looks like I have a good chance of winning and won’t be participating in next week collab, so does anyone have a subject that they would like to explore?

2 Likes

Hi @zeRgenTa, traditionally, we use the last month of the year, as a Christmas, and or happy new year special. People then can work (if they wish to) on a longer project, ending on Dec. 31, 2022.

I will message you to talk about the start of the Collab year 2023, for a new subject!

3 Likes

@zeRgenTa , congratulations on your artistic and creative winning Collab entry “Light and Shadow”. In every aspect, it is playing with light and shadow. Not only visually but also story-wise. Darkness but also playful. It’s very imaginative. An absolute winner!

• Ginger - It’s a good entry, maybe a bit too simple. Add details like a doorknob, a bit more color (grey). Adding details where you can.
  • Jack_Mak_Morn - Skillfull crafted model. You could have added more “Light and Shadow” effects to the scene. The black is just black.
  • FedPete - I find the glow is too much and the shadows are less pronounced.
  • falfalfal19 - The story, in this scene, is difficult to see, to ‘read’. A magnet in bed, hand hands holding it. It is hard to see a connection at a glance.
  • Cows - Very mystical, but the connection between those items is lost, besides being magical. What is the story between them?
  • DANB1 - A great play with light and shadows. It could use more diversity in light colors and intensity. I mean the white building in the back (yellowish lights, warm tones).

Note: I don’t want to offend anyone for any reason. I try to write down positive ideas and visions that I have in my simple use of the English language. I am also sometimes more inspired by a particular subject or solution. I’m also learning from you!

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms