2022 Collab: Week 34 "Amusement Park Items" - VOTE CLOSED

This is the Blender collaboration 2022, week 34 challenge. Don’t be afraid to join, a lot of us are beginners. This is all to practice, have fun, learn, and get together.

This week’s subject is “Amusement Park Items”.

• The subject I choose is “Amusement Park”. This includes favorite rides, games, foods or whatever else you can think of that can be found in an amusement park.

The rules are simple. 1 subject, 1 entry, 1 week.
You create whatever object or scene or whatever you can think of that has something to do with the subject. It can be as simple or complicated as you want, all entries are welcome!
Post your picture here in this thread. And at the end of the week, we start to vote. And if you are the winner, you may choose the next subject and win a unique badge.

Deadline: 2022-08-27T21:55:00Z

If you want to stay informed of the @ BlenderCollab ?
Subscribe or unsubscribe to this “BlenderCollab” group.

7 Likes

I had an idea of how to make cotton candy, but it didn’t turn out quite as I hoped.
On the bright side, I think I know how to make a wig now.

12 Likes

Try to improve the light!

3 Likes

Here is what I’m going to attempt to model this weekend. Will be posting my progress later.

Here are other references for inspiration :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Do you have any fun amusement park items that I didn’t include?

5 Likes

Ok, so I’ve got the main structure down. I’ve experiented with arrays and curves this week. So hopefully I’ll be able to put everything together tomorrow. :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

I Hope i can get this one finished before the deadline is here…

Ok here my final render, i did not have enough time to finish it as i wanted. Too bad i saw this contest on friday evening after i came home from work.

A closeup of the pan where the popcorn is … wel popped i guess :slight_smile:

And the reference picture I used (could only find 1 from this particular popcorn machine)

10 Likes

Im a beginner blendererer. i had the idea to make a roller coaster with a cart thing that goes on the track. i made the track with a curve modifier and an array modifier, and i made the cart move by making a path follow the other cure by hand. and then i added a curve modifier and and animated it. it is meant to be a low detail stop motion model, like childs toy. i will post the animation as soon as i figure out how to add a video to a post

3 Likes

I present to you, for your rather bloody amusement, the greatest theme park ever:

10 Likes

You have to upload video to somewhere like YouTube and link to it.
Ideally the collab is for a single render though so you could just select one frame as the entry, and that will post directly.

heres my submission then:

it is definitly a low detail model.

8 Likes

I’m replacing my previous submission with this.

Cycles_render (posted after deadline)

8 Likes

p.s.

The textures i used are all self made (except the popcorn itself) with Krita.

Zoltar Machine

WIP

7 Likes

The swing arrays were giving me some problems, but I finally got it to work! Unfortunately no time to pose it, add light bulbs, and nice textures. But I’ll make a separate post for that later. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

You might want to take a look at geometry nodes. I personally find it easier to use than the built-in “radial” array.

The “rotate instances” node could be used to swing the seats out too.

1 Like

Very cool. I’m looking into that now. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
The new subject for this week will be posted later today. I was ill, and somewhat behind the Blender collab process.

3 Likes

@ServiceTech congratulations on your “Zoltar Speaks” winning amusement park booth entry. Excellent wood textures (when zooming in) and a well lit scene.

• Gordon - In an amusement park you will always find a carousel, a good choice to start with. I do miss the dynamics, swinging through the air. Also, my personal feeling is that the scale of things is off. Did you really examine your reference?
  • MarcelTb - Your cart is really detailed and features completely. The presentation could be improved, like the point of view (person’s height) and shadows. I know it’s always difficult to fill in the background. Check on how others solved this.
  • Cows - A fine rollercoaster solution. Did you try a different point of view, like sitting on a cart? Looking at the rails? This will give a different action dynamics to the scene.
  • TheDispicableDM - I like your presentation, solving a lot of problems. A pity you didn’t reuse the dinos and give it a more amusement park feeling to the scene. It’s more that you are inside the park than outside (entering) the park.
  • zeRgenTa - Nice curly hair! It should be placed inside a theme park shop.

Overall nice entries! Some technical impressive. Try to work on the story you are trying to tell to the viewer. Also, think about how a person would see this item you’ve created in real life. Where do you place the camera?
And where do you spend your time on? Blockmodel the scene, before you start to model fun things, which can’t be seen.

Have fun!

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms