2022 Collab: Week 32 “Furniture" - VOTE CLOSED

LOL made for you! You even stocked the shelves.

4 Likes

`The giant mobile palette and paraphernalia… Ikea shelves on wheels. Very handy. Not much of a piece of furniture aesthetically speaking, but I’m going with practicality.

11 Likes

The Throne

For Years the under dwarfs were suppressed and forced into hiding by the invading humans. Taking everything within their paths, leaving those whom remained to survive through primal instincts for years to come.

That time is no more. For today is the day we take our freedom… our safety… our future and our past back as it so rightfully ours!

Hazah!

15 Likes

I love the detailing in this and the fact you made it tell a story of how a ginger man “earned” his throne. Huzzah!

5 Likes

Here’s my final render.

@FoolishJester
I’m glad you like it. Your entries were a major inspiration for me to try to make something with a bit of story.

9 Likes

I haven’t taken part in the Blender collab before, so I decided to make something today for this one. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

11 Likes

That means a lot and I’m glad I could help inspire in some way!

I really like your render and feel you’ve done an excellent job with telling a story with it!

3 Likes

He looks like he gives great snuggles lol! Very cool furniture piece. I could see that in the tower of an elder wizard whom has many trinkets, odds and ends that he has created or brought to life. Great job!

2 Likes

Looks like something from a Terry Pratchett book

3 Likes

Yeah I can totally imagine it being a wise relic of a tribe of chair whisperers

3 Likes

just in case I don’t get back to it later posting now

6 Likes

haha oh yeah he’s a real sweetheart

1 Like

Great first entry. Fun fantasy world furniture item.
Sit in it and the arms wrap around like a seatbelt before it runs off down the corridor or road with you! Add feet to the bottom of the legs, could be dog or cat or hooves.

2 Likes

We @BlenderCollab have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the new subject week 33 “Furniture” has already started. The winner of this week’s “Music Instruments” challenge may select a subject for week 34.

1 Like

Accidentally clicked my own one. Any way to take that back?.. :no_good_man:

1 Like

this button allows you to re-vote.

1 Like

Ahh yes, thank you

1 Like

This reminds me of the tree man faces. Very cool!

3 Likes

Thanks! Yeah I had some sort of tree face in mind when making it

1 Like

@Gordon , congratulations, on winning the “Furniture” collab! It’s a grumpy old chair. I like the twist you’ve made to this subject. Can be part of a fairy tale.

• Foolishjester - This is a great composition. Lots of details but some of them could use more attention by playing with lights. On my monitor the scene is dark. My attention goes to the dwarf. And the scene in front of the dwarf (part of the story) gets lost on my monitor. Still a great entry!
  • zeRgenTa - The subject is more about the robot and the furniture is just a property of the story. The story is clear and very recognizable. But I think the robot (table) blends (color-wise) too much into the scene.
  • mimisybean - I like this idea because it allows you to add colors to the scene. The function of the furniture is clear. Although the ‘busy’ background makes the brush details lost in the scene. A solution could be to use a half-finished painting. With a blank canvas on the locations of the table cart.
  • FedPete - I know, it was an abandoned project, because of the lighting problems back then. It’s noisy, but back then we hadn’t a good cycles denoiser. You should have a second trow at it.
  • bOBaN - It has certainly a sci-fi feel and is believable as an inventory part of a starship. But then I miss the environment of it. I stand alone without any environmental connection. It could use a simple wall and ceiling.
  • Willrun - A late authem breaze. We are looking directly into the sun. but the casted shadows tell another story. Try to use a sun lamp for outside scenes. And match it with the background sun.
3 Likes

Privacy & Terms