2022 Collab: Week 2 “Desert” - CLOSED

Summary

Lizard sculpted in ZBrush and painted in Substance Painter. All else done with Blender :).

Tutorials watched: How to make realistic plants in Blender | Part 3 Aloe Vera - YouTube

How to Make an AWESOME Desert Landscape in Blender in Just 15 Minutes! Tutorial with Sand Dunes! - YouTube

Procedural Rock Material (Blender Tutorial) - YouTube

Procedural Sand (Blender Tutorial) - YouTubeThis text will be hidden

Here is my submission done :slight_smile: Turns out the eagle was too ambitious after all, so I learned how to make this cool plant instead.
The idea came from watching a desert documentary for inspiration, and there was a short snippet on the blue headed agama, which did ‘pushups’ to attract a mate and would turn blue in the face. I thought this was just too funny to pass up, but I guess I took liberties with the coloring. Anyways, please critique! :grinning:

10 Likes

Very nice composition.

Agama made the rocks wet in desert?

2 Likes

Some rocks become glossy in the desert heat. There is phenomena called rose of desert. If you lucky you my find it. Its sand crystals and clay that clump under the heat of sun and form shapes that look like rose flowers. Interestingly it is rarer than diamond and yet not as expensive.

4 Likes

You think ships were invented when deserts were still oceans? :thinking:

2 Likes

May be!

We don’t have any evidences the other way too.

Or, once what was sea has now become an desert. At least we have evidences of this phenomena. For example The Great Rann of Kutch.

2 Likes

Thats different type of shiny desert stone

And a bit shiny rose thingy

2 Likes

Thanks for the information.

I never knew it.

Thanks God! It’s not Agama :rofl:

1 Like

Its appreciated when looked at in full screen. Lovely made. Modelling, colours, and eyes! Top notch. Even aloe vera pinched :slight_smile: Nice realism.
One thing though. If he had his legs stretched back and together pushups would work more for the upper body :wink:

3 Likes

Update. Was too busy this week, so reused a castle from an earlier project :sweat_smile: And I know… Dry sand wouldn’t keep that shape :see_no_evil: So let’s imagine that someone who built it had a bucket full of water!

8 Likes

Very interesting work of art.
Are you aware of the rule of thirds …

3 Likes

It is not unknown deserts move.

2 Likes

Yes, I am aware of it :slightly_smiling_face: However, I usually decide where to put camera by the eye :sweat_smile: even though I think Blender provides a grid for it

1 Like

Hmm. What the…?
Its actually matter of centuries. I thought deserts were deserts for tens of thousand of years at least.
I like that one in Namibia.

3 Likes

But we design and render for others to relish and appreciate.

Don’t we?

1 Like

Desert, Sea & Space.

Nobody have ever understood them.

They hold many secrets within them, only to reveal segments that are need of the time at their discretion to give directions for the betterment of the race/s.

1 Like

Don’t quite understand what you’re implying :thinking:

1 Like

You have produced an interesting work of art.

Present it with the Rule of Thirds.

Seldom people come up with such interesting art. Let them look what needs to be looked. Don’t hide the highlights.

1 Like

Thanks!
Haha someone should tell him he’s not doing pushups quite right :laughing:

I love it

2 Likes

My only critique is I can’t tell whether the castle is supposed to be big or small? Since the texture on the wood is large it looks small, but not as much compared to the sand. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms