2022 Collab: Week 2 “Desert” - CLOSED

My suggestion would be to distort those ridges in sand. They have a distorted lines them self but they run straigt lines paralell. I would add some waviness to them

1 Like

Oh, I’m loving your desert oasis scene. I had to view it full size in order to see the details, and they are great, especially the footprints in the sand. :wink:

Well done! :grinning:

2 Likes

@igorfv Yes, fully displacement for the dunes, smaller waves and all the small details. It’s quite the shader node, that’s for sure. lol

@ZachDude all out of time between now and than. Day job plus some other paid work will keep me from doing the fun, personal things I would rather be doing. :smiley:

@Miss_B Thank you, I tried to pay attention to the smaller details since that’s what really can bring things together.

3 Likes

I was about to go for a realistic desert, but seems I have to drop for now.

Will come back again.

2 Likes

I think you’re well on your way. It’s looking good so far from what I can see. A little touch up with making the foreground and background a little more seamless in transition.

1 Like

Don’t stop! It is a learning process!

4 Likes

Thank you for your guide.

It is the critique and yours guidance that makes the learning perfect.

These touch ups are taking a lot of time and I am on another project which has a large scene.

It seems the tweaking are to be done in lightings more than the mesh and that would need a lot af attention.

I will try doing another mesh by 15th.

3 Likes

I will give it a try and if possible will participate.

In environment I feel there should be realism, and I am not reaching there.

I believe I need to learn more about Math Nodes to create realistic environments, and that is why I thought of dropping for now.

2 Likes

It’s the other way around, you need to participate so you can learn more about the nodes. You have no idea how much time it takes me to find how to do the stuff I’m doing, I spent around 6h fiddling with the sand texture until I was able how to " correctly" do it. I’ll send my nodes once I’m back at my computer, I hope it helps you get there.

I recommend doing the Donut 3.0 tutorial series, it takes around 6 hours to finish.
You’ll learn the basics about geometry nodes and materials. Other than that, ask questions, it’s quite overwhelming but the basics are not that hard.

1 Like

Given another shot on this. (Still WIP)

Please do suggest, how is it going now? If it would have reached any level of realism in it, I will put in further objects to complete the scene.

1 Like

Thanks you very much @igorfv, I will wait for the Node structure you have used.

I am struggling to grasp the basic concept of Geometry Nodes so that Materials can be designed with proper structure and without random guesses.

I will do that, sooner than later.

How is my new composition looking?

I found out, months ago, the “Sky” world environment lighting. No further lamps needed. It will give a nice, natural (cloudless) sky.

2 Likes

Given a couple of shots into sky texture, something is there that is not working for this scene.

Will give another shot on this again.

1 Like

Seems I solved the sky texture conundrum.

Kindly have a look and suggest further.

1 Like

and some heat displacement With Sky Texture (WIP)

9 Likes

An impending doom from me. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Oo I had thought about doing a sandstorm! But I don’t know much about big particle effects like that (or is it maybe volumetrics or something?)
Very cool effect!

2 Likes

@umishrak I uploaded the blend file to make it easier:
To add the waves just go to the texture paint and use red. Use black to remove.

About your scene: It’s looking so much better, are you adding a subject/point of interest to the scene?

@Mateusz Oh, this is going to be cool. High expectations!

2 Likes

Thank you very much @igorfv.

Yes, now I will be adding a few objects in the scene.

1 Like

I like this one.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms