2021 Collab: Week 24 “Neon” - CLOSED

Voting entries week 24 “Neon” theme

We have a few days to vote. You can vote fast but also think slowly about design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 25 “ Forest has already started. The winner of this week’s “Neon” challenge may select a subject for week 26.

2 Likes

Nice entries all

2 Likes

Nice work, everyone. The entries were… illuminating!… eh? Eh?….

I’ll see myself out… :laughing:

2 Likes

@Mateusz , congratulations on a good neon story and visual.

• FedPete, what’s the story here …
  • Rao, I think too much glow … and neon tubes have a beginning and an end, yours are looped.
  • Mateusz, for a viewer it is a strange view location, looking down. Most people will stand on the street and look up to see the sign.
  • Digits, a very different interpretation of the Neon look. Cyborg type of feel, I think it needs a background to give more meaning to the visual. A high-tech city, a street …
  • NP5, I miss some details in the background, machinery or so. Especially where the light spots are. Why would you place lights if there is nothing to see.

Just my thoughts! Have fun, new subject is active “Meadows”.

2 Likes

Oh yes, I just resisted making it a full science lab, I fall too easily into overcomplexity and details. I had the idea late too and wanted to show something different from the expected neon signs. The human/creature is rubbish too. It looked too dark so the lights just got added late, so it is more warehouse storage unit, than science lab!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms