2021 Collab: Week 04 “Medieval age” - CLOSED

Ok, feel strong enough to make an attempt at this subject! Go! :slight_smile:

Here is my final scene. Thank you for organising these challenges, this was a massive learning opportunity for me. :star_struck:

13 Likes

Love the rope (knot)!

2 Likes

:rofl: “This Scroll Blah Blah Blah is really important stuff”

Great composition! Glad you found some time to build this scene.
Love the details, really fun stuff.

3 Likes

Lol, good catch :joy:

1 Like

Many good stuff, Jaco_Pretorius I am charmed, a lot of details, very good idea :heart_eyes:

I had ambitious plan to make tavern like from Witcher but i didn’t find time as always, so I ended with low version :sweat_smile: But I had fun and learned new things.

13 Likes

Done :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Far from expectations but calling it… :tired_face:

…learnt a lot about cloth so was worth it.

10 Likes

So much hard work in this one!

2 Likes

Voting entries week 04 “Medieval Age”

We have a few days to vote. You can go for design, colors, technique, difficulty, subject, realism, etc. Choose consciously and not on your own entry.
And the next subject, week 05 “Love” is already started. The winner of this week “Medieval Age” challenge may select a subject for week 06.

0 voters

3 Likes

Really difficult to choose. Fantastic work all!

6 Likes

Some great entries this week of a whole variety of styles, techniques, and subjects, hard choice.

3 Likes

It was really hard to choose. Or in a way it’s really easy to choose - as this time around I can cast a vote to any submission and feel good about it :smiley:

2 Likes

Excellent entries this week, all of them, so it was hard to choose! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Super inspiring to see all the amazing entries this week! I hope to join in some week in the future. Congratulations to everyone who entered on such splendid work! :smiley:

4 Likes

good job guys!

3 Likes

Congratulations @Jaco_Pretorius, with a beautiful sculpture.
I must say the colour version is excellent, but my personal favorite is still the grey version.
I do not why!

Think about a new subject!
Great sculpt achievement.

3 Likes

Thanks Pete. It was a great learning experience.

The grey one has around half a million verts, while the colored one has around 3k verts… That’s probably why you prefer it :sweat_smile:

There was no re-topology for the texture paint… in a rush I just decimated the hell out the model and did a smart UV project… So the baking wasn’t great and the painting has some glitches that turned into a “style” accident that I just left. :man_shrugging:

Good works everyone else. Special mentions: My favorite works were from @Leon_V and @Orion_Dauter… fun scenes that really captured the theme. @JaneDoe’s rope is super detailed and impressive. @anfloy’s scene has a really nice atmosphere and great textures. :+1:

3 Likes

I know it’s been a couple of weeks but thought this is probably the right place to post it.

I used the model form this entry as a 1st attempt at gltf export to Sketchfab:

Thanks to Grant’s character course I managed it in the end.

Free to download… enjoy.

7 Likes

Great work!

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms