107: Just a dude who loves making video games with Tony “Carto” Morton

Q. Do I need to go to college to make games?

“Nope. Download an engine, like Unreal and just start making stuff. Keep doing it over and over and build a portfolio and then start applying to studios when you’re ready.” – Tony “Carto” Morton

This week we have Tony “Carto” Morton on. He has been making games for 9 years and is just a dude who loves to make video games for a living. He has been working at a few studios and has done many aspects of design. He loves everything games, audio, and tech. He streams pretty much anything and from time to time. He will do PC Build streams as well. He been overclocking and building PC’s for as long as he can remember, and he loves sharing the things he has picked up over the years with people. We promise you will not want to miss this episode GameDev.tv students will find tons of value listening to this episode. We guarantee you will not regret listening to this episode.

Follow the links below to listen to the podcast. Too busy! Listen on the way to work or while cooking.

Stay tuned for our next episode!

1 Like

I think you’re right about game development. Now there are a lot of tutorial videos on YouTube for creating games. The Unreal Engine in the public domain is written in C#. There are also books on creating video games, and I think if a person wants to master this thing nowadays, then he can even do it himself. You don’t need to go to college, listen to irrelevant information, and pay a lot of money for it. For example, I am currently studying game development and plan to work in a large game creation company. In the meantime, I’m working with https://skycoach.gg/ as a WoW booster.

Privacy & Terms