10 Sword Practice

I’m excited to start the course!

That was the “warm up” (first challenge):

And now onto 10 swords:

Tried experimenting with angles and design. Even crazy ones like double edged sword (6.) or 4-bladed-sword (8.)

6 Likes

Draw from the shoulder, elbow. Make firm, solid, confident strokes. It’s not about 10 swords, but creating good lines. Rotate your paper so you can draw in the best way.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice!

Overall I was never “into” drawing, so was not good at it at all…

I don’t know why, but I just don’t like drawing on paper :sweat_smile:.

In parallel I’ve (slowly) started doing Draw-A-Box while waiting for this course to be released - this one I do both on paper and digitally. It’s boring, but I do it in a very relaxed way (like 1 exercise a week). I noticed that my lines are better on paper and I do use more shoulders. Still don’t really like “analog drawing”, so I will not stick to it :frowning:.

Edit: Ah, the one thing that I’ve should probably have done is to do some short warm up exercise before attempting the swords.

Edit2: Ah, I could rotate the canvas… I do it while doing draw-a-box exercises :sweat_smile:

1 Like

nice work keep it up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Practice, practice, practice. Practice makes perfect. Nice work. Good basic shapes. I like the last one with the mace head as part of the handle.

This is the best post I’ve EVER seen

1 Like

Privacy & Terms