10.239 Lamp with light ^^

I’m not sure I like the spotlight effect from a lamp like this, and it was also hard to position it right when having my light bulb sticking out so much… so I changed the spot to area instead and so far it actually seems to make sense no? :innocent: :wink:

1 Like

I think you nee to rotate the spotlight too. Now it’s pointing directly to the floor.
Or connect it to the bones, so it follows the lamp shade.

I’m pretty sure it’s rotated the way it should, and also parented yes. I’ve been playing with it and it seems to make perfect sense. You can also see the weak orange dotted line coming directly out from the lampshade, as a guide for where my (area) light is directed, in the window that shows the pose mode. I suppose it can look like it’s pointing directly downwards in these rendered pics though because the lampshade is tilted and my light a bit weak, and the further the light has to travel the weaker it gets when hitting the floor. Hence why it’s stronger just under the lamp, where there it’s a shorter distance for the light to travel. But thanks so much anyway. Your comment would have been super helpful if it had been as you thought, so it’s still very much appreciated :blush: :pray:

1 Like

Also it’s probably a bit unatural how wide the light goes because I put the area light in the edge of the lampshade, to not interfere with the emission of the lightbulb inside the shade and making shadows. But that means that my area light is not directed with the help of the shade itself, and it goes probably wider out, than what it would if I had put it inside the lampshade. But let’s see, I’ll have a closer look at it and see, maybe I change it :see_no_evil:

Privacy & Terms