10/10 course, thanks to everyone who provided suggestions etc

First I would like to thank @CodeMonkey for a great course, I have learned so much and can’t wait to start working on my prototype. I would also like to thank @Brian_Trotter, @bixarrio, @levvy, and @Lazzarus for the additions I have since implemented into my final project.

I agree with Alberto_Rota that I would like to see the same features potentially added in future updates.

• Changing from Grid-based movement to Free movement while no enemies are actively engaged.
    • Ex.: Jagged alliance, Wastelands, Divinity, etc. where you can move in turn-less / grid-less fashion while not in combat.
  • Add height to the grid, so that units can go up & down , maybe even slopes and stairs!
    • Ex.: In XCOM or Phoenix Point, you can be inside a building or on top of it.
  • Hit chance and cover.
    • Ex.: XCOM and Gears tactics, cover reduces hit chance, but only works if not flanked.
  • Overwatch, but the one that you can specify where.
    • Ex.: Phoenix point and Gears tactics, where you can specify the direction (And sometimes range) you want the overwatch to happen.
2 Likes

That’s awesome, I’m glad you enjoyed the course, best of luck with your prototype!
Thanks for those notes, I’ll keep them in mind as I work on future expansions.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms