Working on multiple projects at the same time

I’m watching Rick’s course on motivation, he said is not a good idea to work on multiple projects at the same time, it is distracting and it is proved that you don’t give your 100% when working on multiple projects, but I have this issue, I get bored pretty quickly and the only way I found to stay motivated is to work on multiple projects at the same time, I actually finish them when doing that, it takes longer, a lot longer but I do finished them.

Is this good? Is this bad? This is simply how my mind works because it’s a bag full of squirrels? I would love to see what you guys think, if this also happens to you and hope to see @Rick_Davidson 's opinion.

2 Likes

If you can set up a time everyday to do each project then go for it! Take what is useful and make it your own. If you work better by doing multiple projects than go for it.

2 Likes

Me too like to do that, But I don’t finish any something while you can finish them, soooo, no problem for you
You : 1
Me : 0

1 Like

At the end of the day, do what works for you… you know yourself and your motivations better than others do. In most cases you are more efficient focusing on one thing for a burst and then switching.

2 Likes

Yeah, other good point is the learning. If you’re season programmer you might live in the code editor and Unity 100% of your time, but if you’re learning coding and everything else, there’s good change that your time is not 100% on your project. There might be topic or problem you want to solve and then you have investigate, maybe do some course and then apply that to your project. So, i think there will also be some distractions and “other” activities in your learning path.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms