Wood texture disappears when I un-hide rest of set

I made my surround today and gave it a texture and everything was ok. I was able to render etc. Then I did the section on nodes and now when I un-hide anything else, including just the chess board or one chessman, the texture disappears.

Also, from the earlier session on hiding/un-hiding: I’m having an awful time bringing back stuff that I’ve hidden. I’ve had to revert several times and I’ve even saved a copy of the file before I hide things except just the board because I haven’t been able to get everything back… I’m going to have to do that one over again. It was very confusing with the changes between the video and the current version of Blender 2.82

Help!

Difficult to say what happens, when you texture goes away.

Maybe you have two board objects. The normal one and the wooden one.
Hiding something can hide the wooden one, which looks like the texture is gone.

I would advice to place camera and light in the default collection.
And put your object models in different collections.
It’s easier to switch on / off a collection (left side of the collection name > check box).
The eye icon can also be used with the CTRL, SHIFt keys … which makes it also a bit difficult to understand how they work.

Let us know if this helps a bit.

1 Like

More info: when I have the texture coordinate node to mapping linked generated ---->vector, the texture is gone. If I change it to object —>vector, the texture comes back. I have no idea why.

Some basic objects, like a cube, do have a standard UV-Map UNWRAP.
Other, like your board don’t.
I think that you need to check if you have a unwrapped UV-map ?
Maybe upload your .blend file?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms