Win32 Watatac B!ml Trojan - Is Defender confusing the code?

Hello,

I was working on the TripleX game and just completed the first game lesson (TripleX). As soon as I ran the program (double clicking the triplex.exe file) I got a windows defender notification that the file was associated with the watatac B!ml Trojan and the file was immediately quarantined. Is this common? What happened? Why was that file associated with the trojan?

Any help would be great!

Regards
Maple

Hi Maple,

In which course are you? A Unity course? I’m asking because this is the Unity subforum.

The Unreal Engine C++ Developer Course… When I clicked the resources and the link, this was where it directed me.

I muted the line of code in C++ for #include and the computer no longer detected a trojan.

I’ve just moved your thread to the correct subforum. :slight_smile:

Could you please let us know where exactly you clicked? We have tried to figure out why threads appear in the wrong subforum for a while without any success, and we would like to fix that problem.

See here

I will try that tomorrow. For now I created an exception within my security settings and it runs fine.

Out of curiosity, do I include all of that right at the top of the program?

Yes anywhere above were you would use it would be fine, though the include should remain at the top.

I think I’m doing something wrong… I get the following error code:

triplex.cpp(8): error C2065: ‘Engine’ : undeclared identifier

You spelt it incorrectly on the next line. The variable is called "Engine"and you have “Enginge” on the next line. The error message says line 8 not 7.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms