Why my pyramid is wrong

Hello guys,

Why is my pyramid bigger in your opinion?

Link file (is valid for 1 week)

1 Like

It seems you set your original cube size by ‘scaling’ 20x20 instead of the dimensions 20m x 20m.

In the object rather than edit mode, the right hand panel has the scales set to the numbers given in the course, rather than the Dimensions.

I should just start again far the easiest at this early stage.

I suspect as you are using a non English language setting this is a minor translation issue, Mikey says and writes ‘scale’ your default cube to these dimensions. That is scale in the sense of change the size, rather than use the scaling input box. The scaling box input works on a multiple rather than an actual dimension, leading to a very different and ‘wrong’ pyramid.

2 Likes

Your scale is 20 x 20 x 2

that is the problems. You can apply the scale and then the object is still the same. Ens then in edit mode you can try to edit the edged to the correct dimensions.

Or delete the pyramid and start again. It will be a good lesson if you try it from your mind. It is not that hard and repetition is the best way to learn Blender keystrokes and interface.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms