Why is my project completely black?

I built my project, zipped it and put it on sharemygame.com. The first thing that I noticed was that my game was completely black on that pop up url. I didn’t mind it too much but the same happened with it when I upload it to the website. I can hear my ship moving and the ambient sound that I put in but I can’t see anything. Help me out please

Hi Kreeplix,

First of all, test your game locally. If it works as expected, open it on sharemygame.com and open your browser console. Can you spot any issue there? If so, please follow Rob’s instruction. See the link below.

See also:

It doesn’t appear to be good

Edit: I have noticed that some EventSystem objects have appeared on my game. They have 2 scripts attached to them. The thing is, it has only appeared on my 1st, 2nd and 6th level for no reason whatsoever

2nd edit: Sorry for being annoying. I decided to open my game with edge to test it locally and it worked. I mean, my lights are all off and the camera is kind of zoomed in, but I can see everything. I also decided to upload it to the website and it worked as well. So I’m assuming the problem is with Chrome? Not sure here

Yes, that might well be the case. I would suggest to ask the students over in our Discord chat whether they could test your uploaded game. This way, you can figure out if the problem is on your side only or if there is a general problem with Chrome.

Please let me know what you figured out. I’m back on Monday. :slight_smile:

How are you getting on with this, @Kreeplix?

Privacy & Terms