When trying to Run&Build I get an error message

I have no idea why i know its going to be something easy :frowning: help please :slight_smile: thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Cannot build player while editor is compiling scripts.
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Hi Ash,

Can you pop up a screenshot of when this error occurs please, if the scripts are still compiling, you’ll see a small whirly in the bottom right hand corner.

Nevermind, it’s working now? I just kept trying it and it eventually worked, i dont understand but it’s all good thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

When you edit your scripts, lets say within Visual Studio, and you save the files, if you switch back quickly to Unity, you’ll notice in the bottom corner a little whirly spinning round.

Unity is compiling your scripts again because you have made changes. If you click play, typically it’ll take a few seconds before it can run your game, because the compilation needs to complete. I suspect your build error is related to the same thing, e.g. your scripting are still compiling after you’ve made changes, but you are now trying to build the whole project before that has finished.

Thank you very much, really appreciate your help.

1 Like

Now i cannot upload to ShareMyGame says the file is too big but its not?

How big is your zipped file? Is it in the correct structure?

Oh, sorry I see the properties window now - duh!

Ok, so have you zipped the correct files? If so, I would consider renaming your .zip and also the project if necessary to avoid any special characters/spaces.

Screenshot of the contents of the zip?

See also;

Privacy & Terms