What will I build?

Hi all,

I am currently working on a multiplayer game prototype that is all about instagibbing your enemies. I am happy that, with the session-based approach, Unreal is a perfect fit.

I have made games for a very long time now. I actually started with that gamedev game on SNES (that I don’t know the international name of), went on with Turbo Pascal and then jMonkeyEngine, just because I knew Java, then came to Unity and (probably) finally landed with Unreal Engine. It just feels so professional.

My prototype is already working. I rented a Linux server and already managed to deploy a UE dedicated server on i that players can connect to and play on. However, right now, there is no game flow. It is just a map that people can connect to and shoot each other and it is entirely based on blueprints.

The cool thing is that I already have things like version control (Perforce on my Linux machine) and automated deployment (build, cook, deploy) up and running.

What I need is C++ knowledge with Unreal Engine in a Multiplayer FPS real-time session-based scenario.
I imagine that is the correct course for me. :slight_smile:

Nico

YEA! YOU ARE CORRECT, PLEASE MARK THIS AS THE SOLUTION! Please

Right…

PLEASE VOTE ON THIS

Privacy & Terms