What type of games do you aim to build with Unreal?

Hi!

I have been playing games all my life and a few years ago I started getting interested in how they are made. I have a graphics design background and have learned the basics of 3D modelling and rigging so far. I have started this course to learn more about the overall process of making games and to test some of my models in Unreal, but after the first section, I am now hyped to learn more of C++ and coding :smile:

Currently, I’m working alone with hopes to make a simple turn-based strategy game for PC. If all goes well I will share it and try to work with the community on adding features and polishing it.

So I’m in high school but I’ve been interested in game development for a while. A few months ago I made a small game using pygame in python, and wanted to learn something better. I got this course a year ago and now finally have the time to take it.
I plan to work with a team, but I will learn how to go solo for my own project (like learn blender). I’ve already made a few songs.
I have a few ideas for games I want make in Unreal. The main one on my mind is a 3rd person shoot/stealth game that takes place in a fantasy world with maybe a bit of steampunk.
I have a few other ideas that will take place in the same universe as this game, but not as planned out.
As far as multi platform, I haven’t decided yet. Definitely PC, and possibly Switch, PS4, and XBox.

Also for school next year I’m taking a class where I pretty much have to work on a project the whole year of my choice, and would like to make a game in Unreal.
I might also try out lumberyard, even though it is still in beta from what I heard.

Hi,
I spend last year learning and having fun in C# and Unity, but now I want to learn bit of Unreal and refresh C++ which I was working with like 15 years ago…
Why? Because I want to learn VR development and dig deeper into shaders and openGL and one day create something amazing and revolutionary. Or die trying anyway :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Petr

I am a computer science student from zambia.
I am aiming to make adventure, action, fighting/versus and rpgs.
Right now, I’m working solo but I would love to work as part of a team and learn more.
I plan on working on pc games but have no qualms with console development.

Hey All,

My name is Mike and I’m a Computer Science Major from the University of Central Florida. I decided to get into Computer Science with the goal of becoming a game programmer. I have a few games in mind that I’d like to create (Mainly Rogue-likes) but at the moment I’m more concerned with learning Unreal so I can construct my portfolio (I only have one full term left and it’s starts in august) and start hunting for a job by this upcoming GDC.

My Computer Science program has focused entirely on Java and C so I’m having to teach myself Unreal as well as C++ but I’m incredibly excited to be a part of this course and soon to be a part of this industry. If anyone wants to connect on Discord my ID is Sevane#3853. Looking forward to working side by side with you all.

For me, I would enjoy making Story-driven RPG games a lot since I enjoy the concepts of RPGs and how creative the genre can be.

I am currently working Solo, but if I go so far in the industry, I might start/join a team.

The primary platform I will develop for is PC, but I could expand to mobile and consoles like PS4, Switch, and Xbox.

I want to use UE4 as a development environment to develop AI technologies.

I am working towards a CCG much like Magic the gathering but more animated with 3d top view and more constructive UI.
I have pages of mechanics constructed.
I am looking for like minded people for this project.

I am mainly using this course to learn C++, the game development is just a fun way for me to practice and keep me motivated while learning. I would eventually like to do some VR work.

So I studied Game Dev in college. It was a whole 4 years of nothing. I’ve already learnt more C++ in a day and a half than I did in my first 2 years in college.

I was pretty burnt out and tried to apply for level designer jobs, I got a few call backs but I knew my work wasn’t up to the demanding standards the games industry has, so I gave it.

Now I really want to improve myself and I’ve always said I hated programming but I wanted to just do something…I came across this course on Kickstarter by accident, which led me to Udemy, and here we are. I’m having a blast.

I’d like to make a shooter or RPG, I have a few small ideas to work on once I get the know how. UE4 has always interested me and I really wanted to learn it!

I am going to be studying Game Development under a computer science bachelor and i would like to work as a team rather than solo. I would like to create games that are cross platform and work on shooters, sports games, and rpgs.

I am going to make a game for pc like assassins creed ,i know i still beginner but i will do it

1 Like

I am a noob at games so now I want to make them and I want to make it so you don’t have those highly annoying bugs and fairly unrealistic gun mechanics… but that is just my far future goals in the beginning just some games for friends and family to enjoy. I would like to work with other people but I would first need to know what is happening before I do that . (hence the course)

Also I would like to develop on PC (PC Master race :stuck_out_tongue: )and Android. If the game gets popular enough I would look at making it work on anything that can run it :stuck_out_tongue: (Calculators included jk).

Mainly going to be focusing on FPS/TPS in the begining maybe making maps for some popular games then I was thinking of a RTS similar to Black and White or the first Dawn of war games.

Also want to make the breaking of items more real and how they work. ( like if you shoot something it should have holes in it proper ones… Lots of work I know. Like the lanterns in Skyrim as well. you can move them even if they are on and you can put them on and off :stuck_out_tongue: ) .

I plan on making a survival type game. All the ones coming out seem to be missing that special something. 7 days to die and the forest have been the 2 best ive played that offer some replayabiltity. I want to make the best :slight_smile:

My first project is going to be an ARPG Online Multiplayer. Similar to PoE but different gameplay.

I also plan to make a fps, but I think the ARPG will take up most of my time as a solo dev.

I would like to do cross-platform but I’m still unsure. As for now it will probably be PC and then move towards cross-platform.

Privacy & Terms