What I will build!

Hello to whoever’s reading this!
I completed a pure c++ course from Udemy from LearnProgrammingAcademy. Very well done and it taught me a lot about object orieted programming and the powers of c++ with regards to memory management and polymorphism. But that course was pure c++, and I was always looking ahead to game development since that was what I truly wanted to do. After finishing that course, I did another course from Udemy, this time it utilized c++ in Unreal Engine and I learned how to make a third person fighting game with basic AI. But my true true passion is multiplayer games. I love playing them. The feeling of teamwork and idea of swaying the tides of a huge battle greater than you gives me goosebumps. I always thought I wanted to make a session-based FPS game but now I’m not sure because I am learning about the French Revolution in school and what the Napoleonic wars are. If you don’t know what I mean, watch “Waterloo” the movie. It has huge battle sequences with more than 1600 EXTRAS! Obviously I think the technology isn’t quite there to support 1600 players but something like a 50v50 battle with horses and muskets and cannons over a huge countryside could potentially be quite cinematic and hopefully fun. Either way, I am very new to creating multiplayer games and I can’t really foresee any difficulties (partly because I don’t even know what kind of difficulties there are!). So as I always wanted to create a FPS game, something from the Napoleonic war could be very interesting since I don’t think we have seen any FPS games from that era. I just imagine having a huge hill in the middle of the map and seeing this grand army (of real players) rush over it to fight the other army. I am very excited to get stuck in with this course!

Nikolai

Privacy & Terms