What can i do?

Hi, I am Kaushal herw and got a question in my mind, if I buy the maths for video games course, what can i do?

@garypettie

Hi @kaushal_vetsa,
You can find the sylabus on the course page here:

My aim is to give you a good primer in lots of useful areas of math, which will help you greatly if you decide to progress into more specialized topics such as physics simulations, shaders, procedural generation, etc.

The course is broken down into several sections:

1. “Introduction & Arithmetic” aims to get you comfortable manipulating numbers, so you can perform basic calculations.
  2. “Algebra & Equations” introduces the idea of using unknown variables. In this section we mostly focus on linear and quadratic equations and how to manipulate formulas in various ways.
  3. “Angles & Circles” is all about using trigonometry to solve problems and we also spend some time looking at how we might use sine waves to move objects.
  4. “Vectors & Matrices” teaches you all about those data structures that we see all the time in game programming. We look at how they work and why they’re so useful.
  5. “Rotation & Interpolation” (In production) is a challenging section where we look at how complex numbers and quaternions are used to rotate objects in 2D and 3D space.
  6. “Probability & Statistics” (planned) will focus on how randomness can be used in games and how we can use data to help fine tune our games.

I hope that answers you question but if you’d like any additional information, please let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms