Welcome to the course / introductions

Welcome to the Unity 2.0 course.

We are really pleased to have you join and look forward to your participation in both our courses and our community as a whole.

Why not start by telling us a little bit about you; where you’re from, what you’re hoping to gain from the course(s) and perhaps what experience you already have?

Hello, Ian here, about to learn Unity. I hope!

1 Like

Hey everyone! Can’t wait to dive into this second course!

2 Likes

Hi All

I enjoyed the first course but the discrepancy between my version of unity and the one in the course gave me headaches. Trying to get in on the ground floor with this one!

2 Likes

I gave up on the first course in frustration! The varying versions of Unity and the changes in the coding between versions gave this beginning not coding girl major trauma. The good news is I believe this course, at least so far, is very good and makes much more sense to me. I have about 3 more short videos then I am done with Section 2.
LOL although it could be I am just a bit more familiar with Unity and understanding scripts a tiny bit.

I think you will enjoy this.

3 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m new to GameDev.tv. so I thought I would say hi and introduce myself. I’m from Scotland. I just picked up the RPG course which directed me to these forums. It was here that I discovered that Unity 2.0 was available while it was being developed. So I grabbed this as well.

Looking forward to getting stuck into all this Unity and C# content. And interested to see how Unity 2.0 grows and develops. :smiley:

Hope you’re all having a good weekend!

2 Likes

Welcome! I am in Connecticut in the U.S.

Cool! How’s things in Connecticut?

Hi @Kuro :smiley: Good to meet you too!

I teach English in China and have always used computer games to help my students learn. Really looking forward to getting something built.
I especially look forward to using Voice Recognition

1 Like

Welcome!! :smiley:

Hello everyone! My name is Noah Sherwood and I just joined onto the unity 2.0 course I’m kinda new to unity so you’ll be getting a lot of questions from me!:grimacing:

Hi All,

Really thrilled to do something exiting through this course, Consider myself crazy I am a learner and I have questions that may drive you all to nuts. So Again <print “Hello World”> Please bear with me. :smirk:

Thanks again team

2 Likes

Hello everyone. Just signed up for the new 2.0 class, and checking in to say Hi! :smiley:

Welcome JonathanK, hope you enjoy the course!

Welcome to 2.0. Hope you have fun!

hi, welcome in nerdworld :sunglasses:

I’m excited to learn and make new games, Kind of Indie games xD.

Also pic of my Car or cart…

Still Beginner!!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Krishna, and well done on your car :slight_smile:

HI i am Clateman I am from alberta canada and I love these courses

Privacy & Terms