Welcome Everyone!

Hello everyone! Hoping to learn to make quality assets for my games.

Hello everybody, my name is Sarah and I am from Germany. :relieved:

This is my first Blender course (and in fact my first Udemy course at all) and I am really happy that I found it. I am so excited to learn a lot more about Blender and 3D animations in general.

At the moment I am studying film and tv productions. In the future I would really love to direct and create my own animated movies. So that is kind of a big goal to reach but I guess this is a good first step!

Hello guys,

My name is Luis, my goal is to start a new career as graphics designer and start offer my services.

1 Like

Hello Guys, my name is Gary im currently learning Unity and Blender and this is my first challenge!

1 Like

Hello everyone,
My name is Liz, and I live in the United States.
Iā€™ve always had a passion for animation, 3D animation in particular. I started my college journey seeking a degree in 3D animation but insufficient and disparaging comments from a professor discouraged me for many years.
While Iā€™ve dabbled with 3D in the years since then, this is my first official course in Blender. Iā€™ve done a few BlenderGuru and Sebastian Lague tutorials on YouTube.
I look forward to finally starting the journey of mastering Blender and allowing my creative ideas to have an outlet.

2 Likes

Hello,

Hey, Everyone Im Jovani! I have a big passion for gaming and 3d animation. Iā€™m looking forward to learning blender and turning my passion into a career !

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Syazwi here, iā€™m big into gaming and 3D/2D Art and Animation, starting this course to hopefully be good enough to start modeling for games (from modding, not directly to game development, gotta start small!) and doing 3D Animation as well, hope it all works out!

1 Like

Hello! My name is Denis, and i want to create new worlds :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Howdy!
Just getting back into modelling for 3D printing. I think Iā€™ve gone as far as I can with primitives in TinkerCAD as Iā€™ve managed to crash the program a few time with too many polys in a build. Also doing organic curves, lofting, extrusions and such are beyond its scope. shrugs Onto more functional things.
Blender has a huge support community and its facility is great itā€™s just not intuitive. Iā€™ve poked and prodded but the interface always got me down in the end. Iā€™ve gotten hung up on YouTube vids as there really isnā€™t any push back to get things done. Iā€™ve also not been holding my feet to the fire to go forward either so I hope this will help. :slight_smile:
Onward and upward!

1 Like

Hello from Takamatsu, Japan!

This is my first Udemy course and my first stab at 3D art. Iā€™m currently teaching in English in Japan, but have always been drawing and creating art since I was young. Since the world is increasingly moving toward digitizing everything, I want to learn how to create 3D art so I can some day work as an artist or designer in some capacity.

Thank you, Ben and Michael, for creating this class. Iā€™m excited to learn something new and finally get some ā€œmarketableā€ skills.

1 Like

This sounds so familiar :smiley: I studied media design back in 2006ā€¦ when my class started learning 3d stuff in 3dsMax I got completely discouraged by my professor as well! It made me eventually even quit collegeā€¦ But Iā€™m back on track now with Blender :slight_smile: You will have a lot of fun with this course. I just started working on section 4 and still loving it!

Good Luck!
Jenn

Hello from Brisbane, Australia.

Iā€™m familiar with 3D graphics theory and programming, but Iā€™d like to gain some proficiency on the ā€œcontentā€ side of things also. I think Iā€™d like to explore proceduralism with blender in particular. I also have some interest in geospatial and mapping applications - terrain, built environment, remote sensing.

Hi Mike, Iā€™ve always had an appreciation for the sort of scientific illustration I might come across in New Scientist or Scientific American. Iā€™m not a trained illustrator, but as a graduate student writing research papers I definitely felt like illustration done right could be more informative, or at least supportive of writing. In 3D graphics weā€™re constantly grappling with ā€œgood enoughā€ and trade offs concerning aesthetics and literal or numerical accuracy. Computer graphics can convey information about large datasets, but still seems to require a mastery of a variety of domains - perception, colour interpretation (hot vs cold, light vs dark) and scene composition. I guess one thing Iā€™d point to is the modern Cosmos series for popularising current scientific understanding.

1 Like

Hello, again :blush:

I started this course a year ago, very enthusiastically, using my Mac Book Pro 2011, but when I got to the bunny lesson my mac started to ā€œmeltā€ on each rendering. It got very hot and not even 3 external vents was helping, still I managed to end the bunny lesson, when I started the Gothic Church lesson, I got 2 problems, the use of another program to manage my files confused me a lot. I tried to do all that managing files in new folder system in my computer with the same logic. But I got lost at some point. I know it is important for those who are going to be working with blender in a professional field. But for me it totally useless and well. It just confused me. In addition to this my Mac started to ā€œdislikeā€ blender and crashed almost every time I tried to render things. So I stopped my course.

Now I got a new computer this Christmas, A Predator Helios 500, which I expect be enough for running blender with no problems.

But I found another problem now, all the shortcuts and tools are different for a PC, and I was so used to Mac, I think I have to relearn all, so I am going to restart the Course from the very beginning. Why not?

Hello to all of you who start the course! I can say it is a very fun one, and you all are going to enjoy it very much!`

Hope you have the patient to re answer my questions and doubts.

Thank you, (all the team) for your patience.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m Anna!

My goal is to learn 3D modelling to bring my hobbyists illustrations to full 3D, and have fun with it.

Yeah, I really loved by 2011 MBP, but it there is some point where itā€™s necessary to ā€œupgradeā€ to the current generation of hardware. But I still miss the 2011 keyboard!

Hi, my name is Kel. Iā€™m a high school student looking to use course to help me learn to use blender and add to my portfolio for college.

Hey everyone!

Iā€™m a writer and literature student with a passion for video games.
Iā€™ve enrolled here to create custom 3d-assets inspired by my writing.

Additionally, I am taking one of gamedevā€™s classes on UE4, ultimately hoping to create a game or two of my own.

Have fun, everyone, and fruitful learning!

Hello from Epic Worx.

hello, my name is Jacob abels from Spicewood,TX. i am currently attending TSTC in Waco,TX. I am graduating in April with an degree in building construction technology. I am here to learn blender for a hobby of mine which is 3D modeling and printing

Privacy & Terms