We Have Victory!

I took the certification exam in Melbourne on July 19th, and passed with a score of 88% :smiley:. I finished the exam in just under an hour, and there were only a couple of people still taking the exam at that point. So for those who haven’t taken it yet, you can be assured that 90 minutes is plenty of time.

One thing that was a bit annoying is the Eventbrite event had a start time of 1:45pm, but the exam actually started around 1:30pm, and they started checking IDs at 1pm. The email I received from Eventbrite did try to explain this:

• Please arrive 5 - 10 minutes in advance of your session time.
  • Check-in begins on the hour of your designated session time.
  • Doors close at 15 min past the hour.
  • Exam will begin promptly at half past the hour. No exceptions will be made for tardiness.

But I found that to be a bit ambiguous. Was check-in at 2pm, and the event had a start time of 1:45pm to get you to arrive 15 minutes before the check-in? Or did check-in start at 1pm, since that’s on the hour of 1:45pm? I arrived extra early just to be safe, and found that check-in did start at 1pm.

I think it would be better if they had a more accurate event time in Eventbrite, and I’ll send them some feedback about that.

Anyway, it all worked out in the end. The Unity Certification course that Sam and Ben have made was great preparation for the exam, it definitely gave me a good understanding of the sections the exam would cover. The sections that the course hasn’t covered yet actually turned out to be fairly easy, since they only ask a couple of questions, but I’d still advise doing a bit of preparation for them.

Excellent work on the course guys, and thanks for answering my pesky questions Sam! :grin:

3 Likes

Congratulations Peter! It’s so good to hear when our students pass and especially with such a great mark!

Thanks for the heads up regarding the Eventbrite timings. How many were at the certification for you?

1 Like

Thanks Sam :slight_smile:.

I didn’t do an exact head count, but I think there were about 8-10 people taking the exam.

A much better turn out than mine. I think there were 3 of us :stuck_out_tongue:

Privacy & Terms