Waypoint circuit sript giving error

Hello community!
I have come across a problem in the waypoint script . please help me as i am not able to solve this problem by any means.

Hi @anjul,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

NullReferenceException means that a reference (“link”) to an instance is missing. Double click on the error message to see to which line in your code it is referring. If you exposed a field in the Inspector, make sure that it’s not empty. In your screenshot, I can see that no children (Transform objects) were assigned to the Waypoint Circuit component.

I can’t assign children to waypoint Circuit because every time i try to do it , it give this same error. i am attaching the screenshot of code please kindly see what is wrong in that.

It should be working. If it does not, the Circuit Asset might be incompatible with your version of Unity.

If the Circuit asset is causing too much trouble, I would suggest to remove it. Watch the video without implementing the Circuit in your project. It’s just that one lecture. In a later lecture, Rick is going to replace the waypoints with a Timeline animation, so you will not miss anything crucial.

Alternatively, downgrade to Ben’s version of Unity to be able to use the Circuit.

Privacy & Terms