Wanted to share a simple system I've been using

This system gave me great results so far, I decided to called it “Project April” because I started it that month, it is designed to create new habits, it looks like this:

At the top of the table you put what new habit you want, the column on the left tells you the days, the top row the activities you want to do.

You put a check mark if you did that particular task on that particular day, to know if you did your task you most set a minimum, for beginners or people that have trouble following something I really recommend to keep it as simple as possible like in the example given, you can make it even simpler, but I tried that, it didn’t work, at least for me.

If you did your four or less things that day you put a “Perfect!” on the right column to celebrate. BTW, it’s better if you focus only on 3 things, 4 can be overwhelming for some people.

I highly recommend doing this by hand, I make a little drawing when my day was “Perfect”, it’s far more fulfilling than just writing on a keyboard, same goes when putting a checkmark, at least that’s how I feel, it’s just not the same with a virtual document. Also, try to stick to this for at least 90 days, there’s a myth out there that it takes 21 days to create a habit, that’s false, it takes from 18 days to 254 days, but in average it takes 66 days, the rest 24 days might be overkill but also better safe than sorry, it also might take you far more time, just do it until you feel is automatic.

Also, it doesn’t matter if you fail one day, just keep going.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms