VR Goals

VR Goals - Learn Unreal VR to help create Virtual Reality live events/event pre-viz renderings when events can happen again.
I plan to follow along and try to implement new features in VR projects assigned.
I do not have a side project at the moment.
I have an Oculus Rift (Original) and a quest with Link - I will probably use the quest with link unless/until I want to record from VR as my 1070 only has 2 NVENC streams and quest uses both for link.
I’m very excited about the future of VR - I have been for a long time, and I’m excited to be able to make interactive environments in VR. I’ve already done VR (panorama) images and short movies (monoscopic only) and people first get excited about seeing things in VR, then the next question they always ask is “Can I walk around?” I want to be able to say yes.

I could follow basic tutorials, but I remember and can create better if I understand the structure behind it - that way I can iterate on my own projects and have a better idea what I can do, or where to go to find out.

1 Like

How do you feel about creating in VR with VR?

I mean, ideally that’s the goal right?

Worst case scenario it adds another brush to the creator’s kit. And it’s never a bad thing - I’m very excited to see what people create with each new tool that emerges.

I mean, it’s always about selecting the right tool for the job, and VR can bring another element. I don’t think it should supplant current methods of creation (at least where things stand right now). But it’s certainly a great tool to augment the process.

Privacy & Terms