Voroni Bump Texture Problems

So I am using a vorini texture to make a cool looking rock texture but I’m running into a problem. One side looks bumped one way while the other side of the object looks like its bump was reversed. I checked my normals and that is not the problem…

Texture follow by default world coordinates.
Did you apply one texture to the object with the front and back?

You add a copy of the texture, and use transform texture or a color ramp to switch direction.

I fixed it! I just used the normal node of the principle BSDF instead of the displacement on the Material Output. :grinning:

1 Like

Great idea!

Just to add to this, In 2.82 the voronoi texture does NOT have a color output and only a factor output

I am trying to find a workaround to convert the grayscale to RGB as this would solve the broken issue we get in the environments course.
We dont actually use the voronoi in that way in the lecture but it shows the displacement at an extreme value there and we can no longer do that

@FedPete have you encountered this yet?

No, but I’m an old student course 2016-2017.
And the displacement option was in the past (course challenges), for me, a challenge by it self. Huge memory consumption (Blender crashes), so I stay far from it …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms