Video Player not Shown

I’ve just purchased a course, and I can ‘start’ the course and click between the different chapters & lessons, but none of the pages display a video player so I have not been able to view any content.

I have disabled all browser extensions and tried re-loading several times, but the problem persists.

I’m using Firefox 109.0 on Ubuntu 22.04.1.

How can I watch the course material, please?

1 Like

My reaction would be to change browsers. Try Chrome it is all working for me on that.
@FedPete I think you use Linux? Any issues you can see?

1 Like

Are you using UDEMY?

Using Chrome isn’t an option for me, as I already use Chrome for anything work related and Firefox for everything else. I don’t want to start mixing work accounts and personal accounts.
Surely Firefox is a supported browser?

1 Like

I’m not using udemy - just gamedev.tv.
Though I’ve used udemy in the past and it has been fine

1 Like

Using Firefox 109.0 64bit
VERSION=“22.04.1 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)”

Do you have installed video codecs?
Or using old specific codecs

Did you try to “forget” the website option.

Recent history > right click history item of game dev. choose “Forget this site”

Also, How do you login to GAmeDev? Using other SSO’s? Google GitHub …?

I’m not sure about codecs, but I’ve not got an unusual setup in that regard. As far as I can remember, I just enabled third party software when installing Ubuntu, and I’ve since installed a few video players like VLC, which I believe might include some additional codecs. Video playback has always worked fine so far.

I sign in using my email address and a password (not linked to github, or similar).

I’ve just tried the course on a different PC, a Microsoft Surface running Windows 11 (which had a fresh installation yesterday, as it happens), and I have the same problem there - I can view all the chapters and lessons but no course content is displayed. This is also using Firefox 109.0 which is my preferred browser and the one I want to use the view the course.

1 Like

Okay, than it is really strange.
Occasionally I had some trouble too, but on the Udemy site and under Win7.

On what specific course are you?

The couse is “Anime Character Creator: Make 3D Anime Characters in Blender” by Grant Abbitt.

I have to go out soon, and will likely be away from my computer for the rest of the day.

Thank you for all your help! I you have any further suggestions I will try them tomorrow and then post an update here.

1 Like

Firefox was blocking trackers and that was preventing the video player from loading.

I have it working now, but I have to disable tracking protection (by clicking the shield in the URL bar).

I’ve reported it to Firefox to investigate, though I wonder if there are unnecessary trackers in use which gamedev.tv could disable.

1 Like

Glad it is sorted out.
I know nothing about this web stuff but might the ‘trackers’ be marking lectures as watched/completed?

1 Like

I’m using adblocker ultimate on firefox, ubuntu. But I must admit, I follow courses on Udemy. No problem in viewing video’s.

Privacy & Terms