Video editor

Hi, about the Animation course, which video editor (free if possible) do you recommend to render the animations? I didn’t understand it from the your lesson. Thank you

3 Likes

Grant uses Premier or some use DaVinci Resolve.
However Blender does it all in its own Video editing tab, and may well be much easier and better to use.

https://community.gamedev.tv/t/blenders-own-video-editing-workspace/

4 Likes

Do you know of any tutorials that would specifically cover blenders video editing? I tried to mess with it a couple weeks ago and couldn’t quite understand how to get what I wanted. Thanks for posting the other two, I’ve been meaning to check out Premier myself.

2 Likes

Click File->New->Video Editing. This will give you a video editing workspace and it changes the color management so you don’t get color shifting.(Usually darker) I personally use shift+a, but you can also use the file browser editor and drag and drop onto the channels(VSE). For image sequence select all of the images. In 3.3 or newer make sure that the active image is the first one. Otherwise blender sometimes starts the strip with the which ever image is the active. Setup your output: In properties editor output tab change file type to FFMPEG. Then you will get an Encoding panel. You can use the presets or go through and adjust the setting yourself. If you added sound to the Video sequence editor then you will need to select a sound codec under the audio section of the encoding panel. If you want to do effects select first strip(A or start) then shift+Select second strip(B or end) then press shift+A->Effects->Choice which effect you want to do. Settings are on the N-Panel. That should get you started. Note:Adjustment strips affect all strips under it. It can be used to do a lot of things like cropping, color tricks and even revers the order of a video or image sequence.

3 Likes

Sorry no I do not, it was covered on the original Blender beginner’s course with Mikey, but that will be very out of date now. Bound to be stuff on line. The VSE has had some updates/improvements recently apparently. Reported in the Blender weekly report by Pablo.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms