Version 4.26 and Intellisense

I’m currently working through the Simple Shooter lectures in the Unreal C++ course, and I just upgraded to Unreal 4.26. Now, it seems that Intellisense is no longer working in VS Code. Previously, there was a step to fix it, where I pasted the defines.txt into the .json file in my project, but now the “defines” section is gone. I’m thinking this is a different issue that I need to fix, but I’m not sure where to start.

I searched around thinking someone else surely had run into this, but didn’t find anything. Any suggestions?

Here is the fix for the 4.26

Replace all
"command": "
To
"command": "\"\"

in compileCommands_YourProjectName.json

I appreciate it! I think I’m following you.

I did a straight find and replace using those exact phrases found in my file, and let the files rebuild and Intellisense update. I’m still getting errors on all of my includes, though, so I’m thinking that there’s maybe a step I’m missing in pointing it to the right compiler. I’m on Mac of it makes a difference.

Thanks again for the help.

You have to replace all in that file… this is a known unreal engine 4.26 error

I just started this course and on importing the bull cow game from the resource section on Udemy comes with this error. I applied the above mentioned fix but still the red underlines wont go away. Is there any alternative fix or should I downgrade my UE version to 4.25.4.
Since i am new i have absolutely zero experience and this is bugging me out.

I suggest you try File > Refresh VS Code Project within Unreal.

1 Like

thanks a lot! It’s working now.

I finally got this issue figured out, but now when I try to compile in Unreal, I’m receiving 25 errors, most in files that I haven’t touched. I tried to “refresh VS Code project” via Unreal, but I’m still receiving the same errors.

Is this a known issue with the SimpleShooter course in 4.26? Just want to keep going, but thinking I may need to downgrade to a lower version of Unreal until the course can be updated for 4.26. Thoughts?

Example:
Library/Application Support/Epic/UnrealEngine/UE_4.26/Engine/Source/Runtime/CoreUObject/Public/UObject/ObjectMacros.h:623:37: note: expanded from macro ‘BODY_MACRO_COMBINE’
#define BODY_MACRO_COMBINE(A,B,C,D) BODY_MACRO_COMBINE_INNER(A,B,C,D)
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I responded to you on Udemy? If not what’s the full log?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms