Unreal Engine 5.2.1 crashes when I try to instantiate a new blueprint class

I tried to make a blueprint subclass off of a random shape with mesh i added inside of a level and it freezes after I set its name and directory. I tried to do the same using the toolbar at the top but the same thing happened. finally, I tried to make a new class with StaticMeshActor as the parent but it still won’t work. I read two forums, one on here and one on the official unreal engine forums but its no use, they tried the same thing I did. What should I do?

Is there any crash report window that comes up? (sometimes it gets hidden behind the editor window, but alt-tab should get it to show).

Also, moving this to the Unreal section of the forum. Where it’s more likely to be seen from those who can help.

If this is on a Windows PC, are you placing this in your documents folder? If so, this could be a OneDrive issue where it is locking files when trying to sync.

Hello Tuomo! I was able to solve it fortunately :slight_smile: Apparently, DX12 has a couple of bugs as the rendering backend for the engine so I had to change that too 11. It works! Try that if you face the same problem.

Hello beegeedee! I was able to solve it fortunately :slight_smile: Apparently, DX12 has a couple of bugs as the rendering backend for the engine so I had to change that too 11. It works! Try that if you face the same problem.

As for the documents/one drive thing, since it tried to automatically sync my projects to the cloud I made a directory in the C:/ drive.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms