UnityEditor crashes

Hey people
I have been facing some problem with unity for quite some time now…everytime i start a project whether new or old, the editor just freezes up for some time and crashes the gives out a message saying
“trying to find a fix:no fix found”
I would really like some help since i am a beginner and don’t know my way around unity quite well.
i already tried uninstalling and reinstalling them but it didn’t work.

Hi Rishav,

Welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Do you have enough free space on your harddrive?
  2. Is Unity installed on your internal harddrive in a normal folder? Not on the Desktop? (The same applies to your project folder.)
  3. Do you have a firewall or an antivirus program that could be blocking Unity?
  4. Have you tried to update Unity?
  5. Please do not use an alpha or beta version of Unity for your actual projects. They are full of bugs. Downgrade to a stable version with an “f” in its version number.

Thank you for the reply…but i am afraid i checked all of this beforehand , still no luck , i have 356 gb free on local disk D (also my unity is installed there),my antivirus is disabled as well as my firewall,i downgraded it to a stable version (the 2018f one) because the updated one crashed a lot before…i don’t know what else to do,please give me a solution.

Try to launch Unity with administration rights. (Right mouse click on the Unity launch file.)

If nothing helps, compare your hardware to the system requirements of Unity. Maybe your GPU is too weak, or there isn’t enough RAM.

Also please feel free to ask our helpful community of students for advice in our official Discord chat.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms