Unity does not load and crashes my computer

I spent some money on a heavily detailed and large asset about (3.01 gb) as it was perfect for my game.
I imported it. But when I changed to its demo scene, Unity hanged along with my computer. I had to literally pull the power cord off the CPU as the mouse was stuck and the power button also did not work. I had opened task manager before changing to the demo scene (I knew that I may have insufficient RAM)
The memory increased from 40% to 98% and then everything froze. I am not sure if it was because of insufficient RAM. I want to confirm before doing anything.
My PC uses 4Gb of RAM. If I do need more RAM, then kindly tell me how much?

I remember you made this post a month ago, maybe you should rethink that upgrade after all. It depends on the asset you got as well, maybe its demo scene includes heavy scripts to showcase its capabilities? You generally try to work with what you have, but if you believe that what you have is not enough, then invest in your machine.

But let’s be honest here, 4GB of RAM for Unity is not good (definitely not good for 3D), maybe for some mobile games but the process will still be slow, exceptionally slow if you downloaded an asset pack containing high texture graphics in it. You will definitely tackle a lot of issues along the way if you plan on making bigger games.

I’d say that 16GB is a nice “safety net” that will give you lots of space to work on. And you can always upgrade even more if you need it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms