Unable to commit in Repository

When i Try to commit , window is getting closed.
Kindly advise.

Hi,

Do you have a firewall or an antivirus program that could be blocking SourceTree? Have you tried to reinstall ST?

Tried Reinstalling ST, unfortunately getting the same error.

What about your antivirus program? Did you check that?

If SourceTree does not work, test GitHub Desktop.

Sorry to jump in on someone else’s question but I had the same problem and after all the other solutions didn’t work for me, I decided to switch to github desktop.

Now I am a beginner level coder and it looks completely different.

Am I going to be lost every time Ben references sourcetree? This is a very frustrating solution.

Thanks
Adam

I’d suggest uninstalling everything and trying one of the less-recent versions. I’ve seen a few other reports of this occurring with 3.2.4 - 3.2.6.

Personally I’m using 3.1.2 from earlier (March-May) this year, and I doubt I am really missing anything feature-wise, so I’d suggest giving that a try.

You can get older versions rather than the latest version offered in the main download link from their download archives here: https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/download-archives

1 Like

If GitHub Desktop is no option for you, @AdamLearning, try to install an ealier version of ST as suggested by @topdog.

I’ve been using 3.1.3 for a while. It works, and I haven’t missed anything yet either.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms