UE4.25(4.26) with Xcode 12

Hi guys. Does any know how to configure ue4.26 with XCode 12? Or if you know how to hide this “Incomplete type ‘…’ named in nested name specifier” error or any tips(with configuration) it will be great to hear it. Or if must to downgrade Xcode?! I am trying that because I found https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/SharingAndReleasing/Mobile/iOS/SDKRequirements/index.html XCode 12 is recommended.

What is the full log? Xcode 12 is supported in 4.26

That what I have in the unreal engine. Maybe you mean some another log, let me know where I can find it(I am a junior in that area). Maybe it is because I am using macOS Catalina. I already installed windows on my MacBook to test how it works there. And it looks much better, no issues with the fast indexing. Should I make some configuration changes in Xcode in the general flow of using with the UE or UE already did that for me?

It could be the combination of Catalina + Xcode 12 but the 4.26 release notes have it as the recommended so would be weird.

macOS

• Supported
    • macOS Big Sur 11.0.1, Latest Xcode 12
  • Recommended
    • macOS Catalina 10.15.7, Latest Xcode 12
  • Minimum
    • macOS Mojave 10.14.6, Xcode 11.3. 1

Any reason why VS Code isn’t usable?

With the visual studio code I have another problem Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 14.42.09

If I open visual studio directly I don’t have any helpers or autocomplete. Just problems in the tab:

See here

yes, thanks it works with 4.25 if to fix c_cpp_properties.json file. Found on one of the lectures. So as I can see 4.26 is not ready for the mac environment. My goal is, for now, to learn “escape room” and test it on ios. And I found so many different problems with specifying all details (cer + provision), the operation systems where it is possible to build ios app. At the same want to learn the latest version of UE. But found bugs everywhere. So if it possible to make to integrate somewhere this information it will be great. May be performance improvements on the device. It can be even a separate course. Thanks for the help. Found stable variant UE4.25 + visual studio code( + fix for config) + macOS(for deployment of iOS). Xcode works fine only for the 4.22(but slow indexing after each saving of the header file).

I also have 4.26 fix on this thread please read the particular comment.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms