Trying to upload my version of "Number Wizard UI" as a WebGL file

I have attempted to upload a file to a few different websites and was not able to for the number guessing game assigned in lesson 4 of the basic unity course. I have tried researching for hours, but I have decided to come here to beg for help. I really want to publish this game so I have tried many different things, but I do not understand how to fix this.

I have ran all the scenes separately and only the first one does not load so I am assuming that one is the problem. I have rewatched the lessons and it looks as if my code is the same in my script as in his. The only thing I could think of is the error being somewhere in Unity.

All that is contained in my first slide is a start button + TMP text, png image, canvas, camera, and the sceneloader script file. Does anyone have an idea of why only the title page is not uploading successfully? It doesn’t run locally either, but instead gives an error message about a “runtime error: having memory outside of bounds”. Please give me any advice to try, I really would like to be able to upload games if I put effort into them, thanks!

Hi Daniel,

What exactly is your problem? I’m not sure if I understood you correctly because you mentioned that you tried to upload “a file” to different websites. What file do you mean?

If your game does not run locally in your browser, don’t upload it anywhere because it is unlikely that it’ll magically work on a website. If you are missing scenes, check File > Build Settings in Unity. The scene list is sometimes buggy. Remove all scenes from the list and readd them.

If the problem persists, please compar your code to the Lecture Project Changes which can be found in the Resources of this lecture. Maybe there is an endless loop in your code.

Did this help?

See also:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms