Try Levitaste! My take on 'Project Boost'

Awesome work, very creative design! It’s amazing to think how a game about a rocket ship came about becoming a carrot flying around pots :+1:

1 Like

Finally climbed out of the rabbit hole with my version of rocket boost (Magma Runner) long enough to play again since all the updates.

It’s definitely has some improvement. I still feel the carrot is a little…sluggish. I would feel a higher thrust/responsiveness for the carrot, and then a re-tune of the obstacles (make them a little faster as well) would really make the game feel faster paced.

Maybe a crazy mode where everything gets sped up and you can zoom around faster.

Now I did not get pasted I think level 5, (I hit a lot of things, and the sluggishness of everything made it hard to want to retry a level more then 10 times (ya I am that bad lol) so you might have already implemented some of these ideas:

1. You have this giant vent fan over the stove! How about a level where the vent tries to pull the carrot up if you get to close!
  2. The burners turn on randomly (or in a pattern) that can fry your carrot. You could do a little spark animation to warn that it’s about to flare up.

Good work! You released a full project and I am jealous. I mean, I barely have 2 levels done, missing several my planned mechanics, and still am using the placeholder rocket I made in the second or third lesson, so feature creep is a thing.

Just played through all the five levels. Great fun! Loved the whole vibe and theme. Obstacles were cool, spinning knives, cooker steam. I felt the carrot control was good. Yes the carrot is can be hard to lift depending on its orientation as per a commenter above but the level design synced to the carrot control, that’s the main thing and so forces player to think about how to navigate. I enjoyed that challenge. I failed to get the salt bottle bonus on level 4 which was actually a tad harder than level 5. Nice. I see that you did this a long while back so you must have moved on to greater things by now :slight_smile:

So great, really well done!

Privacy & Terms