I’m responding to the prompt about the main() function for the triple X game.
The forum link that was in Udemy pointed me to the tag 1_tx_uc2, but there was very little there, and all the responses to this prompt appear to be here in 2_tx_uc2. I’m not entirely sure how these tags work, so hopefully this is the correct place to post this. The different link may be because I purchased the course a year ago…
I am brand new to C/C++, so some of this syntax is odd, but I have some experience with Java, Python, and SQL.
main() function explained:
- Initializes variables for difficulty and max difficulty
- While loop calls the game function providing the current difficulty (until that value exceeds the defined max)
- After the PlayGameAtDiffiuclty() function, there appears to be some cleanup of values used during the game (I assume are defined in the other block)
- At the end of the loop, the value for difficulty is iterated up by one.
- After leaving the loop (completing the highest difficulty), prints a statement of congratulations (not sure why it includes a line break) then closes the game.