Traveler's Respite - Material Challenge

Here’s my duplication scene with materials added on:

This is one of the places I’d really like to get more knowledge on application of materials and textures. That along with camera / lighting and sculpting never really clicked for me.

4 Likes

You make a good start in learning the basics. So many things can be created without difficult things like sculpting.
But when more experienced, than you’ll have the need for more organic (sculpting) tools.

2 Likes

Good progress,

Why have you set your viewport to wireframe object display? Showing all the edges?

1 Like

Probably because I don’t know any better :slight_smile: .

I carried forward my old settings because some stuff had previously been setup like quick menus and pie menus for deletion, viewing, etc.

I kind of find it easier to work with the wireframe in place in general, but I can see where it might cause problems with certain materials (where you actual want a had-colored edge as such) and in the final showing.

I guess I have to turn off extras in the viewport too the get the clean picture (i.e.; without the empties showing up)… Probably better to just toggle viewport overlays off before showing in the future.

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms