Tilevainia sound by distance

The irony.

It is what it is I suppose.

Hmmmm. I’m still trying & getting the same results.

According to what you, youtube, & google says I’m ding it right but not getting the desired results.

ok, explain what you’re doing and what you’re expecting it to do.

I put an audio source on the groundcheck of the dino. I did that I got no sound from dino. Then I put a child of the dino & made that the audio source. I have spatial blend on & I’ve tried various 3d settings all giving me the same results. I tried changing the output on the audio source. I have an audio player on the player. So basically I can’t hear the dinosaur’s steps at all.
I have the audio listener on the player & none on the camera.

I’m on unity 2020.3

Yep just like Rick told us to do. Rick said we have to think about our resume.

No sound at all? Have you already tried to add Debug.Logs to your code to see what is going on during runtime? Does the relevant code block get executed?

If the dino’s AudioSource does not play any sound, “sound by distance” will not work either. Before trying to solve the latter, make the dino audible in your game.

Apart from the no sound, that’s about right.

Have you ever had sound working in your game?

Yes it works when I don’t have the audio player on the player & it’s on the camera.

I’m sorry I took so long to reply. Rick teaches us to focus on what’s important & my wise guy MP (Michael P.) gave me some advice that lead me down this path. Now that the game is finished I can focus hard on learning things like spitail sounds & dialogue.

I’m going to try to make a new scene in a new game that’s only my player & a mob. This way it only focus on the sound. I will also try making my stage larger to see if that makes a difference. IDK where else to go I’m sure none of ya’ll do either.

That’s a good idea. If I have an idea that doesn’t work in my current project or might cause conflicts, I usually test it in a new project. Once it works in the new project, I try to implement the solution in my actual project. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms