Tilemaps and oddness I'm getting

Greetings All. I’m having some oddness with the godot tile maps in the stealth part of the course. I’m able to get the tilemaps working but when painting with it I’m getting an odd result. I did the future Yann bit about reimporting after removing the flag. I’ve spent 2 days on this and I am pretty sure I’m having a brain bleed by now. :slight_smile:

I’ve uploaded 2 screen shots. One is my bit map painting that I think looks exactly like Yann’s unless you all see something I don’t.

The other is when I paint. I can do a box with a black center, but then get this oddness when I fill it in.

Any ideas or suggestions to try to fix this?

Thanks

Rich the old guy.

its like a magic puzzle the more I stare at it :slight_smile:

think i may have spotted something, the top left corner of that tile was left out of the bitmasking.

if that doesnt sort it, it might be the range selected that has slightly moved.

I know its a late response, but if your still having bother with it, please feel free to drop me a shout and if you have the project online somewhere, id be more than happy to have a look at it.

i know its been a while Rich, but did you manage to get to the bottom of the tilemap glitches?

hope you managed to get to the bottom of the issue Rich.
but if not, please drop me a shout if you have the project online and i will take a look at it.

ill close the thread, but if its still causing an issue, please drop me a PM and we can revisit.

DaZ

Privacy & Terms