This seems like very odd behaviour on my star animation

So in this screenshot you’ll see my star is at y position 0.239 at frame 0:

And at frame 300 it’s also at 0.239 (just want the scale increasing at this stage):

Why then does it drop to about -0.85 at the 200 frame mark when I have no key frames in between?

I sort of fixed this without really solving the problem.

I came up with the rather unglamorous solution of adding loads of key frames in-between the initial two where the star position was 0.239, so the animation was pulling against the downward trajectory - just kept squeezing in more key frames until there was no visible movement of the star (until the upward trajectory that I want in the second half of the state).

Hi Dominic,

If you take a look at the animation but flick to curves instead of dope sheet you’ll get to visualise what the animation is doing. You can select a specific key and adjust it, for example, you may have a U shape animation, you could change that by dragging the keys and then flattening them out. You can also right-click on the actual keys in the animation dope sheet and find a variety of options there too. The default changed from Auto to Auto-clamped in one of the Unity updates I believe, from memory, and it’s been quite a while, but I think Auto gave better results.

1 Like

Hi Rob, had some internet problems so hadn’t replied.

I spent a satisfying hour or two playing around with all the options in curves and getting my animation just how I wanted it. Once again thank you!

1 Like

Hi Dominic,

Great to hear you have resolved this now, and hopefully enjoyed the process. You are very welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms