This is my 3rd level!

I decided to add some extra things and admittedly don’t like the bouncing mushrooms because they’re wonky. Buuut, I played around with ladders, disabled shooting to make enemies into more of a threatening hazard, and added a green variant of the blob enemy which moves twice as fast. Water also causes you to slow down and hampers jumping ability! The player is introduced to water in the first few seconds of level one, and they have to climb back out of it so they know ahead of time what it does and what its dangers may be.

That’s the operating assumption, anyway.

Also the player is 100% in the wrong starting position, but that’s because this screenshot was taken during testing runs.

2 Likes

Incredible 3rd level! You are doing an awesome job. How do you like designing and building levels?

It was a bit of a chore at first, but then I got a thought process going of how to make use of the game tools I’ve given myself. Basing the main trials on patience and precision helped me come up with how to mix together the different hazards, and I’m starting to like the process. Sure is a lot more fun than designing UI! I have a whole newfound respect for UI designers after Section 4 of this course.

Privacy & Terms